- BS Steels is a Portsmouth-based steel stockholder and supplier, serving London and Southern England
- Our full range of steel and services includes design, fabrication, installation, on-site services, cutting and drilling, and surveying.
- Our clients include local builders, construction companies, framework contractors, highway and railway contractors, commercial companies, local authorities and utilities.
- We work as a team with our clients and their professional advisers. Our solutions-led approach is essential for complex and time-critical projects, such as highway and railway steelwork, and building refurbishments.
- Privately owned, we have a strong partnership ethos with our clients, professional associates, suppliers and staff.
- Compliance of Quality Management System and Processes to IS0 9001:2015
- approved by LRQA to the following standards: ISO 9001:2015; National Highway Sector Scheme No 20 – for the Execution of Steelwork in Transportation Infrastructure Assets
- Certified up to and including Execution Class EXC3, under CE legislation.
- Certified under the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (‘CHAS’).
- Fully validated on Builders Profile database for PQQ information.
Please contact Nicola Williams for further details.
Featured image: steel plates for M4 bridge repair
M4 Boston Manor Viaduct repairs, 2012. Special steel plates bolted above and below cracks to the web. In addition to the bolt plates, filler plates were required on both sides, between the structure and the new bolt plates; these were milled to match as exactly as possible the unique profile and undulations of the existing structure. This had to be done for around 30 separate locations. Multiple tension control bolts needed systematic tightening during overnight closures, to eliminate traffic loads. Visit project page
...a unique repair solution involving the manufacturing of bespoke specialist steel plates and their installation over the crack." M4 Boston Manor Viaduct, Highways Agency press release July 13th 2012
...key to the success was the tremendous respect the project team had for each other and their support for the goal of the project." Osborne Project Report
I would like to thank you for your help. Not only is your work at a high standard, your site operatives are very professional too." Roy Bell, Senior Site Manager, Prime Construction
Thursday, March 22nd, 2018
BS Steels has proven expertise in strengthening steel structures suffering fatigue well before the expected end of their life span. This is being put to work on the M25 Gade Valley Viaduct, a key piece of national infrastructure. Read more...
Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
BS Steels recently completed a project to fabricate and install a new steel structure, incorporating steps, ramps and railings, in Clarence Park, St Albans. Read more...
Friday, July 21st, 2017
BS Steels is very pleased to announce achievement of certification for two very important Quality Management measures: ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System and Processes and NHSS 20 for Quality Management in Highways Works. Read more...
Motorway Viaduct Repairs, London
New Office Building, Essex
Distribution Depot, Jersey
Railway Bridge Parapet, London
Office Block Refurbishment, London
New Church Building, Kent
Grade II Listed Building Refurbishment
Mixed Retail and Residential Refurbishment
New Mezzanine Installation, Portsmouth
BS Steels in the Community
Tuesday, March 6th, 2018
A very positive tournament at Ardingley College for the BS Steels-sponsored Chichester High School U18 Hockey team. Read more...
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018
Reports on Chichester High School boys’ hockey team at Hurstpierpoint for the U16 County Cup on 23rd January Read more...