- BS Steels is a Portsmouth-based steel stockholder and supplier, serving London and Southern England
- Our full range of steel and services includes design, fabrication, installation, on-site services, cutting and drilling, and surveying.
- Our clients include local builders, construction companies, framework contractors, highway and railway contractors, commercial companies, local authorities and utilities.
- We work as a team with our clients and their professional advisers. Our solutions-led approach is essential for complex and time-critical projects, such as highway and railway steelwork, and building refurbishments.
- Privately owned, we have a strong partnership ethos with our clients, professional associates, suppliers and staff.
BS Steels is certified up to and including Execution Class EXC3, under CE legislation.
Please contact Nicola Williams for further details.
Featured image: steel plates for M4 bridge repair
M4 Boston Manor Viaduct repairs, 2012. Special steel plates bolted above and below cracks to the web. In addition to the bolt plates, filler plates were required on both sides, between the structure and the new bolt plates; these were milled to match as exactly as possible the unique profile and undulations of the existing structure. This had to be done for around 30 separate locations. Multiple tension control bolts needed systematic tightening during overnight closures, to eliminate traffic loads. Visit project page
...a unique repair solution involving the manufacturing of bespoke specialist steel plates and their installation over the crack." M4 Boston Manor Viaduct, Highways Agency press release July 13th 2012
...key to the success was the tremendous respect the project team had for each other and their support for the goal of the project." Osborne Project Report
I would like to thank you for your help. Not only is your work at a high standard, your site operatives are very professional too." Roy Bell, Senior Site Manager, Prime Construction
Tuesday, May 31st, 2016
The Ship and Trades pub, restaurant and hotel in Chatham is just the latest of many successful refurbishments of historic properties in the hospitality. Read more...
Saturday, April 16th, 2016
Report on emergency repairs carried out by BS Steels on M25 Gade Valley viaduct. As the motorway network ages, BS Steels is heavily involved with maintenance programmes and emergency work, and increasingly sophisticated processes are being developed to maintain, test and repair structures. Read more...
Sunday, November 15th, 2015
Renovation of the pedestrian railway footbridge at Wareham Station is another example of BS Steels’ capabilities within the railway sector. Sleek stainless steel handrails, with LED lighting enclosed, would make a stylish feature on any number of architectural steelwork projects. Read more...