- BS Steels is a Portsmouth-based steel stockholder and supplier, serving London and Southern England
- Our full range of steel and services includes design, fabrication, installation, on-site services, cutting and drilling, and surveying.
- Our clients include local builders, construction companies, framework contractors, highway and railway contractors, commercial companies, local authorities and utilities.
- We work as a team with our clients and their professional advisers. Our solutions-led approach is essential for complex and time-critical projects, such as highway and railway steelwork, and building refurbishments.
- Privately owned, we have a strong partnership ethos with our clients, professional associates, suppliers and staff.
- Compliance of Quality Management System and Processes to IS0 9001:2015
- approved by LRQA to the following standards: ISO 9001:2015; National Highway Sector Scheme No 20 – for the Execution of Steelwork in Transportation Infrastructure Assets
- Certified up to and including Execution Class EXC3, under CE legislation.
- Certified under the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (‘CHAS’).
- Fully validated on Builders Profile database for PQQ information.
Please contact Nicola Williams for further details.
View Current Vacancies
Featured Image: 3D steelwork design, Old Thorns apartment block
The new apartment block at Old Thorns Manor Hotel represents not only the most complex example of BS Steels’s work in the hospitality and leisure sector, but BS Steels’s principal contractor services reaching well beyond the design and provision of steelwork. Read More…
...a unique repair solution involving the manufacturing of bespoke specialist steel plates and their installation over the crack." M4 Boston Manor Viaduct, Highways Agency press release July 13th 2012
...key to the success was the tremendous respect the project team had for each other and their support for the goal of the project." Osborne Project Report
I would like to thank you for your help. Not only is your work at a high standard, your site operatives are very professional too." Roy Bell, Senior Site Manager, Prime Construction
Our Work - Projects and Galleries
M25 Viaduct Strengthening and Repairs
Multi-year project strengthening the welds on the underside of the viaduct spans on the M25 Gade Valley Viaduct. BS Steels’s longest continuous project, with a dedicated team likely to be on site for several years.
Steel for the Hospitality Sector
BS Steels has an impressive record in the hospitality sector. Working with many leading hotel, restaurant and pub companies, as well as individual operators, we are proud to have been part of some amazing transformations.
Highway Works and Repairs
ISO 9001:2015; National Highway Sector Scheme No 20 qualifies BS Steels to supply, manufacture and install any highways or railway asset involving steel. Repairs are a particular focus.
Old Thorns Manor Hotel
The largest and most complex example of BS Steels’s work in the hospitality and leisure sector. It is also a prime example of BS Steels’s principal contractor services, delivering seamless project management on behalf of the client.
Distribution Centre Jersey
Warehouse Conversion and extension to enable delivery, loading and storage in optimum temperature-controlled conditions.
Railway Parapet Marcon Place London
Design, manufacture and installation of new railway bridge parapet at Marcon Place, London, within a very challenging timescale. Overall project ‘Highly Commended’ in 2013 Network Rail Partnership Awards.
Railings, Ramps, and Grilles
Steel is a very suitable and versatile material for railings, ramps, staircases, decorative and security grilles. Browse a selection of BS Steels projects across many sectors.
Mixed Retail/Residential Refurbishment
131 Shoreditch High St, London E1. Structural steel manufactured and installed for new floor layouts. Architectural staircases and features in mild and stainless steel.
M4 Viaduct Repairs
Main Steel Sub-Contractor on highly time-critical repairs on M4 Boston Manor Viaduct. Numerous technical and logistical challenges overcome to enable completion just in time for the 2012 Olympics.
London Office Block Refurbishment
Complex office block refurbishment, with basement completely revamped, ground floor lowered to existing pavement level. Included new steel staircases, creation of service voids, new steel sixth floor and roof.
London Gateway Reception Building
Design, fabrication and installation of steelwork for reception building of the UK’s newest deep-sea container port and Europe’s largest logistics park.
Community Church, Springhead Park, Kent
North Kent Community Church. Manufacture and erection of steel superstructure for North Kent Community Church, Ebbsfleet. Erected to schedule through some of the worst winter weather for many years.
Sports Complex within Listed Building
Grade II Listed Building Refurbishment. Steel mezzanine, stairs, balustrades, and glazed steel entrance canopy designed, manufactured and installed by BS Steels.
BS Steels in the Community
Tuesday, March 6th, 2018
A very positive tournament at Ardingley College for the BS Steels-sponsored Chichester High School U18 Hockey team. Read more...
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018
Reports on Chichester High School boys’ hockey team at Hurstpierpoint for the U16 County Cup on 23rd January Read more...