Supplying Steel and Services for more than 35 years
Portsmouth-based BS Steels has more than 35 years’ experience in supplying steel and a range of steel-based services to customers and industries throughout Southern England, up to London and beyond.
Who we are
Our Mission Statement
“To perform for our customers the highest level of quality construction services at fair and market competitive prices. To ensure the longevity of our company through repeat and referral business achieved by customer satisfaction in all areas including timeliness, attention to detail and service-minded attitudes. To maintain the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, honesty and fairness in our relationships with our suppliers, subcontractors, professional associates, customers and employees.”
BS Steels is a privately owned company, with deep roots in and around Portsmouth. Our stockholding business provides builders throughout Hampshire and Southern England with their daily requirements for beams, columns, steel sections and other steel work and fabrications.
We care passionately about our customers, priding ourselves on personal attention, and a high level of availability and service. Delivering timely, safe and cost-effective implementation of our customer’s project is always our goal.
What we do
Our steel stockholding service provides a daily steel delivery service to customers including builders, housebuilders, loft conversion experts, manufacturers, storage and services companies, and main contractors. We are ideally situated for the Motorway network, and our vehicles deliver daily to customers around Southern England, and up to London.
- We offer a cutting and collection service for beams, columns, angles, flitch plates, bolts, brackets and cleats.
- Our design and drawing team is ready also at all times to assist with interpretation of engineering calculations, and preparation of layout drawings and fabrication drawings for approval.
- Our fabricators apply their skills to jobs of all types and sizes.
- Our installers can work with your builder to install steelwork, and connect extensions, loft structures etc.
- Our qualified and experienced workforce can provide services including site welding, cutting and drilling.
We are proud to be ISO:9001 certificated, and we are accredited for Execution Class EXC3, under the CE legislation. This is the level required for our business in the highways, railways and major structures areas, and enables us to take on contracts requiring EXC1 and EXC2 (the category for most UK building projects).
Our web site gives a flavour of the services and techniques at your disposal, but we understand that every customer requirement is unique. So please contact us to discuss your needs.
Speciality Steel Services
BS Steels also serves a range of complex needs of diverse industries and customers.
Within the infrastructure sector, we have a strong track record in Highways and Railways. We are a Tier 3 recommended contractor with Connect Plus, and we work with many of the UK’s major framework contractors and construction businesses. Our sophisticated tools for structural investigations and repairs, including ultrasonic, magnetic particle and acid etching testing of materials and welds, enable data to be converted to provide appropriate solutions. Please see pages on Gade Valley and Boston Manor Viaduct for more information.
BS Steels can work as principal contractor with clients looking for an efficient, cost-effective package of design, fabrication, installation and site services. We liaise throughout with the client and their professional advisers, including engineers and architects.
BS Steels provides steel and services for refurbishments across all sectors, notably including hospitality, where we have helped renovate may pubs and hotels.
This website showcases BS Steels’s work across numerous sectors, with diverse clients, and on a multitude of projects. Please contact us and we will be very glad to discuss your needs.
Steel Supply and Services
- Extensive range of stock available for immediate collection or delivery
- Cutting and collection service – fast turnaround for urgent day-to-day site requirements
- Daily steel deliveries to London and Southern England
- Rapid, accurate fabrication in the workshop and on site.
- In-house design and drawing team
- Competitive prices
On site services
- Qualified and experienced workforce with ability to interpret and assist
- Site support for installation, site welding, cutting and drilling
- Modification of existing structures and connection/extension of new structures
- Installation of steelwork to extensions and new build structures
- Installation of stairs, handrails, fire escapes
- Fully equipped mobile workshop
Engineered Solutions in Steel
- Surveying, designing, detailing fabrication and installation of steel framed structures across diverse industries
- New and refurbishment steelwork projects
- Architectural metalwork in mild or stainless steel
- Liaison with your structural engineer, architect or other professional adviser
Steel Services for Highways, Bridges, Railways
- Tier 3 recommended contractor with Connect Plus
- Structural investigations and repairs, manufacture and machining to all steel elements of highways and bridges
- Site non-destructive testing of materials and welds: ultrasonic, magnetic particle, acid etching.