BS Steels delivers complex and bespoke highways steel solutions. BS Steels is a Tier 2 recommended contractor with Connect Plus. We regularly partner framework and other contractors, including Osborne, Balfour Beatty and Atkins.
Highway management presents a multitude of engineering challenges. These, and demanding key performance targets from the Highways Agency, require contractors to deliver effective, timely solutions.
BS Steels applies a range of alternative resources and techniques. These enable strategically planned maintenance to meet targets. For more urgent needs we provide a rapid and effective response, with a proven record in assessment of a requirement, design, fabrication and delivery of a solution.
Leader in metal fatigue remedial work
BS Steels is a leader in remedial work to address metal fatigue. This has been tested and proved in emergency and planned situations. Please see our project reports on M4 Boston Manor Viaduct and M25 Gade Valley Viaduct.
Our Highways Services:
- Certification for Execution Class EXC3; LRQA-approved for ISO 9001:2015; National Highway Sector Scheme No 20 – for the Execution of Steelwork in Transportation Infrastructure Assets.
- Structural highways steel repairs: viaducts, parapets, gantries, structures, signage, vehicle and pedestrian restraint systems including armco crash barriers, balustrades etc.
- Steel works and repairs for motorway, highway and road bridges.
- Specialised expertise for repairs to cracks and metal fatigue. Site non-destructive testing (NDT) of materials and welds: ultrasonic, magnetic particle, acid etching.
- Highway bridge parapets and structural metal decking.
- Armco barrier installation and repair.s
- Remanufacture and refurbishment of Maurer road ramp plates.
- Full range of specialised diamond drilling and cutting, anchoring and crack repair services.
- Site painting ‐ remedial and new ‐ shotblasting.
- Structural staircases, pedestrian walkways, gantries and ladders.