BS Steels provides services and steel for goods handling and logistics businesses. Our solutions- and partnership-based approach is ideal to help such businesses expand and develop, whilst continuing business as usual.
We have extensive experience of developing cost-effective additional capacity and flexibility. This is achieved by creating, adapting and extending structures, with mezzanine floors, extensions and other solutions.
We can advise on and implement systems to improve goods handling, unloading and storage, and rapid transition of palleted and trollied goods.
We have enjoyed an ongoing relationship with Ferryspeed, specialists in storage and delivery of ambient and temperature-controlled commercial freight, over a number of years. We have assisted with the continued development of their sites in Portsmouth and the Channel Islands. This is an example of the direct relationship we enjoy with many clients, enabling us to work together on ongoing development and maintenance programmes.
Please visit our case studies on Ferryspeed Distribution Centre, Jersey, and the installation of new baggage handling systems at Gatwick Airport. Throughout the latter project, BS Steels liaised with the contractor (MACE), the client (Gatwick Airport) and the engineers (Baker Hicks and WSP).
Our services include:
- New Steel structures, eg new warehouse, exterior canopies
- Strengthening of existing structures
- Installation of services and steel for goods handling systems
- Steel Cages, Steel Mezzanine Extensions, Raised Flooring, Metal Decking, Durbar Plate Flooring
- Steel Access and Escape Stairs
- Chilled Loading Pods, Cold Store and Chill Store supporting structures
- Sectional Overhead Doors, Dock Curtains
- Lorry Buffers, Dock Levellers, Scissor Lifts
- Maintenance and repairs
- Wherever possible, we will work with you to ensure as little disruption as possible to your existing operations
Please contact Roger Slade to discuss your requirements.