Steel is an excellent material for architectural purposes, providing strength and practicality and, where required, elegance and style.
Our Ackworth Road, Portsmouth, site includes a separate zone for architectural mild steel fabrication, and an isolated fabrication zone for non-ferrous material, including stainless steel and aluminium. This is backed up by our drawing and design capabilities, which enable us to interpret architect’s plans, and turn paper concepts into beautiful reality.
- architectural steelwork combining strength, practicality, elegance and style
- Surveying and 3D modelling
- Design capabilities and detailed 3D drawings
- Fabrication and installation of all forms of steel staircases, balustrades, railings, balconies
- All manner of feature metalwork for the hospitality industry
- One-off commissions and bespoke solutions, eg doors, gates, planters, shower heads
- Mild and stainless steel and other metals
- Certification for Execution Class EXC3
Below we feature two spiral staircases, one in gleaming stainless steel, one in mild steel with granite treads, which were installed in a mixed retail and residential project in Shoreditch, London. Our design capabilities were an essential part of this project, the architectural concepts being taken taken forward into detailed 3D drawings by our own technical staff, used then to source curved stainless steel panels and handrails from highly specialised producers. BS Steels adapted, assembled and installed the various elements, and finally sourced a specialist polisher, who provided the finishing touches.
The hospitality sector regularly throws up requirements for feature and architectural metalwork, essential to the ‘look and feel of the premises’. Again, we are ready to rise to the challenge, and have assembled an impressive track record of works in the pubs, hotels and restaurant industry.
Whether it is a beautiful staircase or balustrade, an intricate door or set of railings, or a one-off design feature, please contact us to discuss. Our experienced staff are ready to handle your requirements.