Ham Yard Hotel opened on June 1st 2014.
BS Steels was involved throughout the project, seeing it emerge from a hole in the ground on a three-quarter acre former World War 2 bomb site. In addition to 90 rooms and suites, apartments, bars and restaurants and retail area, it features a 176-seat state-of-the-art theatre and even an original 1950s bowling alley imported from Texas!
Located between Great Windmill Street and Denman Street, London W1, the site presented access challenges, particularly for the larger items supplied by BS Steels such as the 20 metre long, 5-tonne structural trusses for the basement theatre.
The highly varied list of products and solutions coordinated, created and installed by BS Steels included:
- steelwork throughout the theatre, including support for the auditorium.
- structural steelwork to concrete cores
- mezzanine floor zones within the structural concrete structure
- steelwork for glazing around the courtyard
- plant support structures
- access staircases, fire escapes, balcony structures, lighting supports
- steelwork for car stacker system
- 16-metre steel railing: from site survey to completion within 4 weeks, including design, manufacture, shotblasting, hot metal zinc spraying, powder coating, diamond drilling and installation
To discuss your needs, please call Roger Slade on 07802 265438, or E-mail