BS Steels is very pleased to announce, following audit, that it has achieved certification for two very important Quality Management measures:
ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System and Processes
National Highways Sector Scheme 20 for Quality Management in Highways Works – ‘THE EXECUTION OF STEELWORK IN TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE ASSETS’.
These complement BS Steels’s certification up to and including Execution Class EXC3, under CE legislation.
Achievement of these two important certifications has involved extensive audit, covering finance, estimating, contract awards, procurement, and management of projects, production and sites. Lloyds Register LRQA performed these audits, and will work with BS Steels on future audit and maintenance of compliance.
Clients can therefore be sure that processes and systems at all levels throughout the organisation are being actively controlled, documented and audited. BS Steels congratulates all its managers and operatives on their hard work to this end.
ISO 9001:2015 specifies requirements for a quality management system, constructed around seven quality management principles: customer focus; leadership; engagement of people; process approach; improvement; evidence-based decision making; and relationship management.
National Highways Sector Schemes, together with BS EN ISO 9001, are designed to:
- Provide an industry benchmark
- Ensure that all processes are planned
- Provide a basis for continuous improvement
- Focus on quality as an objective
- Reduce costs for Client and contractor
- Provide and maintain a properly trained and competent workforce
- Involve all sides of industry in scheme ownership within a partnership framework
- Provide the basis for the technical knowledge and experience that Certification Body auditors will use in the sector concerned
- Promote confidence in quality management systems through provision of a robust transparent
(Source: National Highway Sector Schemes for Quality Management in Highway Works 20 THE EXECUTION OF STEELWORK IN TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE ASSETS, published by Sector Scheme Advisory Committee for the Execution of Steelwork)